Industry: Aircraft Landing Gear Maintenance & Overhaul
Location: Southern China
Circumstances: A fire in the plating plant of an undercarriage refurbishment workshop caused extensive thermal damage to part of the facility and deposited corrosive and toxic contamination to other parts of the complex.
- Consultant mobilized to site within 24hrs of notification.
- Advice issued to client while on site to enable effective loss mitigation.
- Once access allowed onsite team mobilized to undertake decontamination of structures including hangars, machine shop, offices.
- By working to the clients’ priorities most of facility was operational within 60 days of client confirming scope of works.
- Structural decontamination undertaken in close co-operation with civil contractor to minimize recovery timeline.