Industry: 50,000sqm tyre plant sitting on a 1m high concrete slab
Location: Rangsit, North of Bangkok
Circumstances: During 2011 flooding in Thailand, the factory and surrounding areas were inundated with 2m of water.
- Team mobilized to man pumps & generators 24/7
- Walkway constructed with scaffolding from site buildings to main road.
- Water in machine sumps pumped out
- Leaks or unsealed external pipes identified and sealed.
- Production machinery above ground level was secured
- Continuous access provided to the plant
- Through sealing and pumping activities recovery timeline was able to be accelerated