Industry: 10,000sqm warehouse on a 1m high concrete slab housing a mix of stock and sealed food additives on pallet racking
Location: Navanakorn, North of Bangkok
Circumstances: 2011 flooding in Thailand, the warehouse was inundated with 0.5m of water placing stock at risk
- Response team mobilized to site by boat as surroundings still flooded.
- Entrances isolated and sealed with block walls and sandbags
- Water in warehouse pumped out using generator powered sump pumps
- Leaks in concrete slab identified and sealed
- Once water removed stock inspected & categorized
- Through quick action in excess of US$7m of stock was secured.
- By securing stock 6 weeks of supply chain disruption eliminated, as client would have had to re-import additives and materials.