Industry: Textile industry including spinning, weaving, dying & finishing processes
Location: Rangsit, Thailand
Circumstances: 250,000sqm textile plant including sub stations, water treatment, multiple processes, worker accommodation was inundated with 2m of water during 2011 flooding in Thailand.
- 200 personnel mobilized to undertake debris removal and cleaning of buildings.
- IRS mobilized a team of engineers and technicians to undertake assessment of buildings, utilities and production machinery.
- Utilities including boilers, compressors, generators substations, water treatment plant restored.
- Buildings including 14 houses & 5 dormitories, dining hall, offices, refurbished & restored.
- Production machinery disassembled, decontaminated with damaged parts replaced, client provided assistance with obtaining parts and recovery work.
- In excess of US$50m saved by recovering instead of replacing property.
- Due to age of machinery recovery included retrofitting and redesigning of some processes and machinery.
- Project management provided to simplify reporting and to provide a single point of contact due to the number of contractors involved.