Industry: Site covering in excess of 300,000 sqm including distilling, stock storage, bottling line, electrical distribution system, boilers, waste water treatment plant, raw materials storage tanks, employee housing complex.
Location: Surat Thani, Thailand
Circumstances: Following extensive flooding from a nearby river the site was inundated with in excess of 2m of water.
- Mobilized personnel on site working over holidays to restore essential services such as power and water to allow clean up to commence.
- Team undertook debris removal, cleaning & sanitizing of buildings.
- Decontaminated, repaired & repainted submerged pumps and motors.
- Decontaminated, repaired and reinstated bottling lines.
- Project managed the repair of buildings, boilers, forklifts.
- Assessed damage to stock storage tanks & pipework.
- More than 4 months disruption saved by taking quick action to recover the facility.
- 70% saved by recovering property instead of replacement.
- Client able to reinstate production within 6 weeks of disaster.