Location: Cikarang, West Java, Indonesia.
Ciscumstances: Consistently high energy consumption was recorded in guest rooms.
- IRS monitored and analyzed energy consumption in guest rooms.
- Analysis revealed that the major sources of energy usage were electric exhaust fans in kitchens as well as bathroom exhaust fans and air conditioning units.
- IRS team modified the kitchen exhaust ducting and replaced exhaust blowers with wind powered extraction units on the roof.
- Exhaust fans on bathroom walls were replaced with wind powered extraction units where practical.
- Air conditioning units were all checked, cleaned and maintained.
Energy consumption was reduced by 70% with no impact on guest experience.